Property Usage Info
Tobacco-Free Property Statement
The use or possession by the public of firearms and weapons of all kinds is prohibited on all Bur Oak Land Trust properties except those areas designated as game management areas and subject to restrictions of the Hunting Policy.
Bur Oak Land Trust Permission for Hunting form
Those interested in hunting on Bur Oak Land Trust property must read the following policy and submit the application. Submitting a form does not guarantee hunting privileges. Forms must be submitted annually by each individual hunter.
Exhibit A: Rules for Authorized Hunters
1. Only deer hunting is to be allowed on Bur Oak Land Trust property, and only when appropriate for wildlife management purposes.
2. No permanent tree stands or blinds may be utilized on any Bur Oak Land Trust property.
3. No hunting apparatus, tools, or equipment may be nailed, bolted, or otherwise affixed to any tree, shrub, or fixture on Bur Oak Land Trust property.
4. Only bow hunting with approved archery equipment is allowed. Hunting with firearms of any kind is not authorized.
5. Authorized hunters will be issued a placard at the beginning of every season, which will be used to alert the public that hunting is taking place on the property. This placard is to be placed on the property’s entry kiosk or sign when the hunter arrives at the property and re-moved when the hunter leaves the property.
6. Temporary stands in conformance with these rules and restrictions may be put up one week prior to a particular hunting season, and must be removed no more than one week following the end of such hunting season.
This Exhibit A is subject to change from time to time. Any authorized hunter should periodically check with Bur Oak Land Trust to verify the current rules.