Film screening | June 21 | 6:30 PM | Big Grove Brewery & Taproom | Iowa City
We’re celebrating Pollinator Week with a screening of “Power for Pollinators” followed by a talk from Troy Weary, Regional Manager of ITC Midwest in Cedar Rapids, highlighting what power companies are doing to support pollinator habitat.
Doors are at 6 p.m. and the screening begins at 6:30 p.m. The event is free but space is limited. Registration is required.
Grab a beer on the house! The first 30 people (21+) to register will get a free drink token at the door.
Visit our Events page for more Pollinator Week buzz!
Creek stomp! | July 23 | 10 AM to Noon | Turkey Creek Nature Preserve
Join us from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 23 at Turkey Creek Nature Preserve for Creek Camp! Use nets to skim the water for bugs and crayfish or search the creek bed for fossils. You will also get to see fish and clams, and learn to identify tracks of aquatic animals.
This program is suitable for children — and adults — of all ages! Activities for the littlest kids will also be available. Plus, we’ll have Moo Moo’s Ice Cream truck on site from 10-11 a.m.
Save more land… forever.
Protect your land from urban development and keep Iowa beautiful all while receiving tax benefits.
• Sustain a high level of stewardship
• Inspire a community of people to become advocates for nature
• Identify and prioritize critical land to protect in eastern Iowa
• Identify and protect more populations of special concern, threatened, and endangered species
• Establish ourselves as a leader in natural resource service and instruction